- Its all about making money. Smart people are statistically more likely to make more money.
- Expands your world view and allowing you to make smarter points, instead of repeating the same unsmart thing over and over and over. Bigger words make you sound important.
- Stay on topic. Organize your thoughts. When you organize your thoughts, than your better able to make good points and to make more money, with your smarts.
- Use your smarts from communication learning to be clearer than what you’re trying to say to me, don’t waste the time to put in the effort, because the better for when your points are spoken, and the more frequently points to more money.
- Never repeat your points. Use your money and your smarts, and your money made from your smarts to come up with new ideas. Instead of to focusing on that idea which makes you smarter, focus on that which will make them clear as day. Because clear speaking allows you to navigate your points better, make them less confusing, and then to making sense to what you’re trying to communicate and write, without wasting everyone’s time.
- Know facts.
It’s just so infuriating that the price of Ecuadorian bananas has increased by so much, just because bad weather triggered a decline in Honduran production!
At first I was furious, but then you know what? Turns out I have no control over what’s happening with fruit this year. I can only control how I act and react to what’s happening in front of me.
I can yell at my banana for over-ripening and then go cry in the car, or I can peel an orange.
I can scream at my kids for whining about their banana bruises, or I can mush it into their bowl and then scream at them to eat it.
I can screech at my bananas for not wearing masks, or I can put on their masks for them. Bananas don’t have hands, which is why they can’t put it on themselves.
- 1 second hug: 1 point
- 3 second hug: 3 points
- 5 second hug: 5 points
- 5 second hug followed by extra squeeze: 6 points
- 5 second hug followed by peck on the cheek: 6 points
- 5 second hug followed by declaration of affection: 8 points
- 5 second hug followed by request for television/video games: 0 points
- 5 second hug followed by cough/sneeze into mouth: 0 points
- 5 second hug after a good day: 8 points
- 5 second hug after a bad day: 10 points
- 5 second hug followed by “I’m not really playing, I’m just hugging you because you’re the best.”: 10 points
- 5 second hug followed by “I’m not really playing, I’m just hugging you because you’re the best…so that’s 10 points?”: 0 points
- 5 second hug followed by a quick checkup because you’re a successful doctor: 20 points
I’ll tell you exactly how to do this, without being too transparent. The reason for this is because I always like to set some context while avoiding the needless restrictions tied to that word “planning”. And hopefully, with my help, you’ll find an instant epiphany which embarks you upon on a lifetime journey of epiphanies.
You see the key is to communicate your value while remaining humble. To project confidence without arrogance. I call it winning by losing. A famous philosopher asks you to find your truth by giving up your search? I agree to disagree, but I also agree. I often find myself giving up power to gain influence, because the act in itself is empowering. It’s about making noise with silence. Some would argue that an argument in itself is already an indication that both sides have lost, whereas others would contend “No, not at all! Both have won!”. If those statements in themselves were the argument, and if I were to be forced to resonate with one side, I would indeed pick a side and that side…would be neither side. And hate it or love it, your reaction would only validate that reactions don’t matter, not here.
Understanding this crucial point will prove that you haven’t even began to understand, which is likely both disheartening and enlightening. But if practiced correctly, then from now on you too can participate in conversations without saying anything of substance…because your substance will speak for itself. Welcome friend, to the end of your beginning.
So the point is that in order to raise two tolerable children, you’ll need maybe twelve people minimum. Plus patience and love and a bunch of practical stuff that nobody ever worries about until it’s too late. Like underwear or summer school. You’d need a couple of personal assistants for that.
Also, childbirth. So if you happen to stumble across someone special enough to willingly cover most to all of these responsibilities, and that person happens to be multi-tasking like crazy right now as you’re writing a blog post, then you better power down your laptop and go help her! Crap.
Rudolph, the red-nose cough cough cough cough achoo achoo who sneezed cough cough mommy I have snot achoo waaaaa go get a tissue cough where’s your water bottle cough drink some water you fool achoo cough achoo in your face and then on our dinner cough cough wait who waaaaa stop whining mommy can you achoo hold on build legos cough cough with cough cough me achoo waaaaa stop whining cough cough and quit wiping snot on everything! Cough. Cough. Cough. Cough! Cough! Achoo! Achoo cough cough achoo s@$t are we out of tissues cough achoo maybe cough maybe it’s allergies cough cough achoo achoo stop sneezing on your brother! Cough achoo achoo where’s your mask achoo achoo waaaa where’s your pants achoo cough why did you take them off cough cough ACHOO oh no daddy not you too achoo cough cough mommy cough mommy cough mommy what does “s@$t” mean?
Fun Fact #1 – In 2017, between 11-12% of leisurely travel was made by families of household income between $35,000 and $50,000. The sample size for this survey was 100,756.
Fun Fact #2 – The late 17th century origin of the word comes from a dialect variant of late Middle English. It is often compared with the word “fond”.
Fun. Fact #3 – The recording of “Aim and Ignite” took place in 2008, followed by a release on August 25, 2009. It garnered positive reviews.
Fun Fact Fact #1 – Any fact that you find on the Internet need to be properly acknowledged, regardless of the nature of the original source. Basic information on how to acknowledge internet sources can be found in the American Psychological Association (APA) reference style.
Fun Fact Fact #2 – A number of these were collected in a 1973 book, though it’s true origin could be traced back to as early as 1850, when a newspaper column titled “Fun, Fact, and Fancy” was published.
Fun Opinion #1 – I think yachting has a lot to offer.
Boredom Fact #1 – A study in 2009 found that participants who reported feeling “a great deal” bored in a survey from 30 years earlier were 37% more likely to have died by 2009, than those who had said they were not bored in that same survey.
Boredom Opinion #1 – I don’t think yachting has a lot to offer.
If I were a, uh, famous Hollywood actor, and yet also a genius, then uh, yes. Yes, I would hack into blog sites and post flattering things such as, “Jeff Goldblum. The, uh, truffle of the acting community. Sprinkle him onto a movie and, uh, there you have it. Gourmet movie.”
1. Person washing dishes at our workplace’s only sink while I’m waiting to dump out the water from my thermos.
2. Burglar who broke into my home last week while I slept, grabbed my phone from where I told everyone I’d left it, then dropped between some couch cushions on his way out.
3. UPN employee who threw away my letter(s) in 1996 explaining why their immensely popular show “Nowhere Man” should not be canceled.
4. ABC employee who threw away my letter(s) in 2005 explaining why the third season cast of Lost should include actor Bruce Greenwood, with crossover tie-ins to the unresolved plot of an old show called “Nowhere Man”.
5. NBC employee who threw away my letter(s) in 2018 explaining why the next season’s cast of This is Us should include actor Bruce Greenwood as a new character, photojournalist Thomas Veil, who arrives Jack’s doorstep claiming that Rebecca’s his real wife. Then a couple of episodes could be dedicated to Thomas’s investigation into a potential government conspiracy, as the rest of the Pearson family deals with their own important situations.
6. B22 who’s willfully ignoring the fact that he’s standing in B1-B5 as I’m waiting to board my flight as B7.
7. Everybody working out in my workout video.